Thursday, July 17, 2014

Let's Talk

Did you know that talking can do so much for the development of your child? I have worked in education for 11 years, classroom teacher, and have continuously been asked by parents what more they could do at home to help. Of course you can read books, help with homework, do projects....but the number one way in my book is to talk. I have studied early childhood education with an emphasis in early literacy, but the most powerful for me is watching my son. How his language has developed, what he repeats (in correct context), and what he has learned- that I have not necessarily "taught"- is incredible. I know you see it too. I also see it with my students.
My blog is dedicated to the power of language and how we can support our kids, students, and whomever else we encounter. These are things I do, experiment with, and hope to help my child. I want to have fun but foster his creativity. I want to teach but not get bogged down with what he "should" know. My activities are a creative outlet for me- part of what I love about my job- but to also foster conversation. You will constantly hear me say it. Just talk. On that note....TTYL :)

I've moved over to areyoutalking.weebly.com

but will continue to link to here if you'd like to follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment