Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A New Beginning

It is almost time for me to go back to school. WHAT?! It's July!!!! Yes, I go back exactly a week from tomorrow. All at once I'm jumping for joy and ready to sit on the couch with a bag of potato chips, crying, unable to believe summer is really over. However, it has been a great summer....some hard times figuring out the NO toddler stage...but I am better for it. Have you read anything from the Love and Logic series? They have saved my life- both as a mom and a teacher. I highly recommend their books. They're easy to read and most importantly, easy to implement. See what they have to offer here.  I've read the Teaching with Love and Logic, Early Childhood, and When kids Leave you Speechless books. 

So why am I jumping for joy about summer being over? I am going to have a new position at school this year. I will be one of five ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) teachers at my school. I interviewed for the position and they selected me. I was anxious to leave the classroom- because I Loooooove the classroom! I also knew that this was a great opportunity, and after 11 years of teaching, I felt ready for it. It's that time in the summer where my stomach is rumbling with excitement and ideas and how i'm going to change my teaching for the better. My focus on the blog will continue to be how to enhance literacy skills through language- because oral language is key to learning literacy, and that's what my students will need. 

I'm so glad you've stopped by....here's a game for you. It's a way to get kids talking and get to know each other at the beginning of the year. Plus, a little math. I couldn't help myself. ;)  Check out my store button above (right side bar) for more fun stuff. 



Mamas, this would also be a fun game just to talk with your littles. You know, sometimes they need prompting, when all we want is for them to talk to us! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment