Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kale! and a little ick factor...

This is an unrelated to teaching post....but I LOVE kale!!! I had an appointment today and was able to fly by Whole foods and pick up some for lunch. YUUUUUM. I had one of their boxes at the salad bar and FILLED IT UP with their garlicky kale salad. YUM YUM YUM

Besides being delicious, I feel so much better when I just eat whole, green foods. That should be a lesson...but I'm sure some dark chocolate will end up around me at some point today. I'm addicted.

For anyone who loves kale, garlic, or just wants a fresh taste, I found a great site to make it yourself. And I just love her blog title- Eatingbirdfood.com
Click here for her recipe.

On another note, I came home to an unwelcome guest...a GINORMOUS palmetto bug. For those who are unaware, that is the South's nice way to say Roach. Eeeelllcccchhhh I cringe just thinking of it. Thankfully, I think our cat took a swipe at him because he couldn't run too fast. eelllcchhh

Normally I have the hubs take care of it. But he's not around so I had to do it. I called my mom for moral support, and then screamed the whole time.

I'm such a wimp.

Eeellllccchhhh
I'll have the creeps all night....

No comments:

Post a Comment