Sunday, April 8, 2012

Summer Fever

This week we had spring break, like many of you out there...ahhh it was lovely. We did absolutely nothing, and although I would love to have been on the beach, it was nice to just chill and play with my baby boy...it made me super ready for summer!!!

But, back to school tomorrow...I am ready! We only have 6 1/2 weeks left...that is crazy to me. This week we will start thematic units to finish up the year. We are about done with our standards, so it will be review time! We just finished up Teddy Roosevelt and other presidents, so we are going to start habitats. Since we just got done with Teddy, we will work on forests firsts, and include studying national parks/forests that Teddy helped save.

I was truly inspired by Cara Carroll over at First Grade Parade, and am going to try to incorporate a camping theme with our forest study. Then, as we "move" around to different habitats, the students will be "camping" in different areas as scientific investigators...I'm still working on this idea...

Looking forward to a good last few weeks!!

3 comments:

  1. Kat- I don't know if it's just my computer,--but this font is really difficult for me to see on the screen. Has anyone else said this? I'm probably missing something, but thought I'd let you know....Love your content. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm...it just changed.....now i can read it??? WTFRACK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I did change the font because I couldn't read it well either. Maybe I did it whilST you were on the compute too!! :)

    ReplyDelete