Monday, February 13, 2012

Research Notebooks

I am in the process of making research notebooks for the topics we are covering. It's a great way to guide (me) along the lessons, help the students remember what they learned, and a great way to show parents what we're learning. The students LOVE when it's in a "research notebook" format- they feel like real scientists or historians!

Our Black History month continues this week with Jackie Robinson. I sit back and think about what all these African-Americans did in their time and it is truly amazing to me. I cannot imagine being treated poorly, yet having the courage and persistence to carry on each day...

I am basing the Jackie Robinson study on his values- this will be great to incorporate with our community rules/values. I got the idea from Scholastic here.

Click the player to grab the researcher's notebook!

When printing, the single sided page gets folded and placed in the middle, then staple like a book. Next time, I'll remember to add page numbers...
For the interview, I'm having students interview their parents or another close adult.

Clipart provided by Scrappin Doodles, Fonts by Kevin and Amanda!

Play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment