Sunday, February 5, 2012

Loving Blog Land!

I started this blog as a way to journal my thoughts about teaching. I love my job, and I love to encourage others. I also know how much we as teachers go through, and hoped to encourage others through the tough times (mine and theirs!) as well.

As I've searched around to make more connections, my eyes have been brought wide open to this wonderful land of Blog Land. Holy cow, there are soooo many amazing teachers out there, with so many wonderful and fresh ideas!! It has truly re-energized my love for teaching, and the students have felt the direct result of it! We (mostly me I think!) are having more fun than ever before. Last year was a tough year for me- one of those where I kept wondering if I had gotten into the right field. I'm happy to say, I have made it through that slump and am excited for each new day in the classroom.

I want to show you just a few of the motivational blogs/teachers I have visited- however, as I am still discovering a new blog/teacher daily, this is by no means a conclusive list of awesome sites to visit. These are just what have gotten my inspiration going...(and you may have already heard of them, as they have LOTS of followers!) :)

Deanna Jump


Her idea for Chit-Chat messages in the morning has revamped my morning message routine (it was in dire need, I must say). I was just in the boring routine of writing a quick message about what we're doing for the day...I was bored, I know the students were bored (they got wiggly real quick!). By changing it to Chit-Chat Chart, it always ends with a question that we discuss, and usually there is some interactive writing involved (always had trouble fitting that in!?). I must admit, just changing the name to chit- chat chart got my students super interested...and I wrote it on chart paper instead of the whiteboard, made it real colorful, and used bubble letters. I also incorporated lots of phonics- missing letters and the such. This is all stuff I had known before, but Deanna helped me re-see the light! Now my kids are super involved and we have fun during our chit-chat time!
Click here for an example from Deanna.
I will also post some of mine...later!

Another is Babbling Abby over at The Inspired Apple...


I actually bought one of her little activity packs from Teachers pay Teachers. It showed me to just add a little spunk to the work I make, like fun fonts and clipart. And to make units about things like....hot chocolate. What a fun idea! Can't wait to do it with my students...even though it's been about 70 degrees here lately!!

I just recently found Room 36...

Photobucket

I still have some perusing to do, but I can see the ideas are flowing already!

Lots of blogs I have seen so far are K/1st grade...since I also have 2nd graders, I wanted to find some 2nd grade teachers as well (though I can modify/extend the wonderful 1st grade ideas as well). I did find Mrs. Lemons' 2nd grade:


Still have to look through there too...but am loving the "when I was sick" idea.

What these blogs have done for me is help me make things more interesting and fun- more crafty, more colorful...more "connectable" for the students. Kids love color and splash...I admit, I do too!

Thanks y'all, for recharging my batteries!!

I have yet to explore all the wonderful blogs these ladies have listed along the side of their blog...forget the superbowl, here's to exploring!! :)

-An apple for the Teacher

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing what all is out there in blogland??!!!?? I could spend forever blog hopping and on Pinterest!

    I am your newest follower and am excited to see all you have to share! =)

    I would love for you to come visit me when you have the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete