Thursday, February 2, 2012

Goobers!

We're in the middle of our Black History study, and this week is George Washington Carver. Before going any further, clearly check for any peanut/nut allergies in your classroom. I am lucky enough to not have any.

We read biographies of George Washington Carver (did you know he added Washington- he liked the sound of it!). The students always love hearing that he made 300 products from peanuts! Then the students wrote facts on the paper. I couldn't find any peanut clip art cute enough, so I drew it by free hand!
Then, I put the students into pairs and they completed a math work mat with greater than, equal to, and less than.



Afterwards, the students got to eat their peanuts.
They told me I was the greatest teacher ever. That's when you know it was an activity that really got their attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment