Monday, June 20, 2011

Apples for the Students

Thinking about the next school year only a short time away, sends me in the apple theme mood. I moved classrooms before we left for the summer, and I found an addition game I made my first year of teaching...

I fashioned "apple baskets" out of paper bags. Cut off the excess at the top to make them short and more basket like. I made baskets from clip-art and typed a number over the front. I glued them to the front of the bags.



I then made apples from clip-art, and typed number sentences on the apples. I printed them all on card stock, laminated, and cut them out.



Since I have a multiage class of first and second graders, I also just made some apple domino cards to help early first graders with number sense.



The students set up all of the apple baskets, and then sort the apples and apple dominoes into the appropriate baskets. If you want it to be a self-checking center, write the answers on the back!

1 comment: